Learning To Fly Without Wings

That's all I'm trying to do. So here's to those who helped in this, you're just another out-of-school lesson. All I can say is, thanks because now I know a little more about serviving here. So, go ahead, pat yourself on your back for your misdeeds!

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Can I be? Really?

Echo says that I'm good enough. Could I be? I mean, really? Even with how broken I am? Because, I can be better. I think. I could take the time to make every little scar disappear. I can be better. I can grow up, become mature. I can get a boyfriend, maybe. I can, I can, I can...not feel good enough. Even if you tell me I am, I don't feel it. I feel like everything about me is ugly. Personality, style, appearance. Why else would you not want to spend time with me? I hate fighting for your attention when it used to be I just...have it. Now, you're saying crap like you seriously love him, and you're right, I'm a brat who can't be happy for you. I want to because the perfect best friend would be able to, but I can't. I'm used to having you there no matter what and now.... Now I may as well suck it up because I don't know when you want to be happy and don't care. Now, when I need you to make me feel loved, you want to tell me you're in love. Now, when I need you the most, you aren't here. Now, when I'm spending nights crying, you don't want to hear it. But I guess life doesn't wait for a single person to get themself together. So, I'll try to be good enough, I'll act like it's the best thing in the world, and I'll be perfect on the outside. I won't die or end up in the hospital, honestly, because that would make people worry. You can live in this happiness that you want, I swear I'll try not to bring it down...because I'm not good enough, I'm just....not. I'm broken, I'm a mess, more than you know, but I want you to think I'm good enough, need you to think I'm good enough because you'll leave if I'm not, you'll actually be sick of me and you'll actually leave. That way, when I break, you'll be there for me to fall on...unless you forget how this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment